CPT 2018 – Common Proficiency Test (CPT):
At the beginning stage, CPT 2018 examination is conducted. This is the gateway examination to all aspiring candidates. Candidates those who become a Chartered Accountant have to attend this test. CA is a course of 2 years duration. Candidates must be vigor in terms of undertaking CA professional degree and Candidates are examined in 3 types of stages. Details regarding these three stages are given under this.
Three stages of CA:
Candidates are examined in three levels as given below
- Foundation level
- Intermediate level
- Final level
Candidates those who have passed three stages of CA as given below will be considered as eligible and they are able to become Chartered Accountant.
Examinations conducted in three levels:
- At the initial level stage, CPT 2018 examination is conducted
- IPCC – Integrated Professional Competence Course will be conducted at intermediate level
- Finally candidates will be examined with Professional Competency Examination which is the Final examination.
CPT 2018 Examination has 4 subjects and they are such as Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude
Question paper pattern:
- CPT Examination is conducted for 200 marks totally
- Candidates are examined in two parts such as Session 1 and Session 2
- Candidates will have to attend these 2 sessions ofCPT 2018 examination in two breaks
- Candidates must try to complete this test within 2 hours of exam duration
- Candidates have to attend the CPT examination generally in an Objective modeled question paper.
- Here, Negative mark concept is applicable
- In session 1, candidates will be examined in two sections
- In 1stsession, 100 marks are allotted
- 2 hours will be the total duration and candidates have to complete this examination within 2 hours
- In Section A part, candidates will be examined for questions based on the subject Fundamentals of Accounting. Section A part is about 60 marks and candidates have to attend this test for total 60 marks
- In Section B, questions will be asked based on the subject Mercantile Laws and totally 40 numbers of questions will be asked in this test
- In session 2, totally 2 sections are divided and 100 numbers of questions are asked in this session
- Total duration is 2 hours and Candidates have to complete this Session 2 within 2 hours
- Based on the subject General Economics, Section C will be having the questions. Candidates have to attend this examination for 50 marks totally
CPT 2018 Notifications & Important Dates
CPT 2018 Hall ticket: pending
CPT 2018 Application Form & online Application Form : pending
CPT 2018 Exam date: pending
Late date for submission of CPT 2018 form: pending